Will ducks crossbreed????????

beebiz

Songster
12 Years
Jul 2, 2007
W. Tennessee
I tried a question quite similar to this one in another post and got no response. Might have been a bad choice for the subject line......

If kept in the same pen, will adult Pekins and adult Muscovies crossbreed??

If that sounds like a dumb question, I'm sorry. I am new enough to ducks that I just don't know...... sorry!

Thanks

Beebiz is absolutely right; and ducks will try to breed with almost anything on their level (of height, that is). Mr.Flapper is a well-known Pekin with a small harem of Muscovies and friends, you should check out all the great pics.
big_smile.png

I have read that my ancona drake and white crested hen should breed but we haven't seen any action...? any thoughts? they are 7 months old.

You should note it is the muscovy cross that makes the mule. I don't think any of the other crosses have the same fertility issues.

Yea only muscovey crosses are steril. Other ducks can cross breed and they wil be fertile .

I was told and read in some books that if a male muscovey breeds with a muscovey hen that he will never breed with any other breed of duck . I dont know if that is true . Like i said a farmer told me that and i read it in a few books i have so i duno how true that is

Back
Top Bottom