Will eggs from wazine-treated hens hatch normally?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by ella&clara, Jan 20, 2015.

1. ella&clara

ella&clara Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 18, 2010
    Hi
    For some complicated reasons, my rooster and one hen are currently isolated from the rest of the flock. I treated everyone with wazine last Thursday, so I have been throwing out the few eggs that have been laid. This morning, the hen and the rooster spent a hour or more hanging out in the hen house, arranging a nest, talking, and doing whatever it is they do, and she laid an egg in the nest. He's very interested in the nest. She's an Americana. Here's my question: will eggs from chickens treated with dewormer hatch normally? And should I even bother to see what happens? It's late January and I live in SC, but Feb is still our coldest month. I could keep her and chicks warm if I had to, but I'm not planning to move her out of her unheated hen house unless I have to! I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to leave the eggs and see what happens, see if she goes broody, but I didn't want to trigger the instint by leaving the eggs on the nest if they are going to be harmed by the wormer. I also didnt' want to do it if it's just entirely too early to brood eggs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by