Will he possibly crow around 4-5am??

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
This post might get a lot of people telling me what I should do/what not to do instead of what I'm actually asking but I'm prepared for that.

We currently have an almost adult cockerel named Sergeant Hei Hei and we do live in the city but he wears a no crow collar that he's worn every day since June. I took it off tonight(Wednesday) to get him use to having it off for a night as I'll be taking him with me around the neighborhoods doing Trick-or-Treating on Halloween to bring smiles to everyone's faces. People in those neighborhoods already know about me bringing him so I don't have to worry about someone getting upset when they see him.

My question is, will he possibly crow around 4-5am in the dark when my dad wakes up to let the dogs out to potty before he goes to work??
I'm asking because due to the fact that I can't fall asleep until 7am, I'm up all night reading or watching a movie. I plan on putting his collar on before Sunrise and I want to do it before he's likely to crow in the morning.

This post might get a lot of people telling me what I should do/what not to do instead of what I'm actually asking but I'm prepared for that.

We currently have an almost adult cockerel named Sergeant Hei Hei and we do live in the city but he wears a no crow collar that he's worn every day since June. I took it off tonight(Wednesday) to get him use to having it off for a night as I'll be taking him with me around the neighborhoods doing Trick-or-Treating on Halloween to bring smiles to everyone's faces. People in those neighborhoods already know about me bringing him so I don't have to worry about someone getting upset when they see him.

My question is, will he possibly crow around 4-5am in the dark when my dad wakes up to let the dogs out to potty before he goes to work??
I'm asking because due to the fact that I can't fall asleep until 7am, I'm up all night reading or watching a movie. I plan on putting his collar on before Sunrise and I want to do it before he's likely to crow in the morning.

Oh yeah he can most definitely try to bring on the sun at 4-5 in the morning. Some of mine will get started if I "wake" them up and lights hit them at any time of night. Generally they get started 2 hrs or more before daybreak all by their lonesome..

He will crow whenever... I'm surprised the collar worked! Have read they dont?
Also I personally wouldn't take the roo with you trick or treating, it's a personal decision but chickens can be stressed very easily.

Back
Top Bottom