Will hen accept guinea keets?

cbourbeau32

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 29, 2014
Ok, I have had a hen broody for about three months. She sat on five eggs till they hatched about six weeks ago but the day they hatched a snake ate all five that same night. I stuck two eggs in the incubator on day seven of a guinea hatch so they would hatch the same day. I had four keets hatch the day before the chick did (one of two hatched). Anyway she's happily mothering the single chick that hatched today under her. If I snuck out tonight and put the keets under her do you think chances are that she'd accept the keets?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Charlie

Ok, I have had a hen broody for about three months. She sat on five eggs till they hatched about six weeks ago but the day they hatched a snake ate all five that same night. I stuck two eggs in the incubator on day seven of a guinea hatch so they would hatch the same day. I had four keets hatch the day before the chick did (one of two hatched). Anyway she's happily mothering the single chick that hatched today under her. If I snuck out tonight and put the keets under her do you think chances are that she'd accept the keets?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks, Charlie
She will probably accept them.

Back
Top Bottom