will I like blue laced red wyandottes?

Cluckatar

Crowing
14 Years
Apr 12, 2009
Vashon, WA
I have a variable thrown into my chicken math this morning. I went to pick up my small order from the hardware store (they take pre-orders and get reportedly very nice chicks once a year). Got the 2 salmon favorelles my daughter wanted. Unfortunately the 2 blue copper marans we'd ordered were unavailable and replaced with 2 blue laced red wyandottes. I've never had wyandottes before, and was really looking forward to adding marans to the existing flock. We have all easy going breeds, easter eggers, cuckoo marans, one black copper marans, speckled sussex, welsummer, barnevelder. Any thoughts? I could grow the wyandottes a bit and likely sell on to someone local if they aren't going to be a good match. I'm worried about the salmon favorelles getting picked on.

Sadly, it looks like we are losing one of the salmon favorelles :( Now I really need these blue laced chicks to be nice and keep the remaining SF company. And my chicken math is getting really complicated. I have a hard time getting through the loss of even one chick without somehow replacing it. Character flaw :/ This time even I know I have too many chickens going and can't do it. The incubator is already full, I will have to let that be the replacement I guess, and hope that this trio of chicks can be a solid group.

Back
Top Bottom