Will I lose them all

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by mccaff mama hen, Aug 10, 2010.

1. mccaff mama hen

mccaff mama hen Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 18, 2009
    Central Indiana
    I just feel so frustrated with myself...I feel some what responsible. I added 11 new multi aged chicks in mid June, kept them separated, some outside in the small coop/run some inside in the brooder. Well, in total I've lost 4, from the 11 and now my 11 mo CX. [​IMG] After the first 2 I thought it may be cocci, so I did treat them in their water, but still lost 2. They aren't in the same run CL was in, but the last week or so I put them in the run next to hers. I thought everyone was finally healthy. I had no experience with cocci before this and so far I haven't been able to save one once they come down with it. I'm worried now my EE may be getting sick so I began treating everyone again. I'm afraid I could lose my whole flock. I don't know who to separate. It looks like so many are dealing with cocci this summer. Does anyone else feel like they just can't get a good handle on treating effectively, to control outbreak and spreading?

2. Siler

Siler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Awwwww! I'm so sorry you lost Chicken Little. She was such a special little bird. [​IMG] Maybe it might be worth it to have a necropsy done to be sure it wont happen again.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by