Will it give my girls the runs?

CarolAnn

Chirping
9 Years
Aug 23, 2010
Kansas
I have some peaches I can't use and thought I'd feed them to my flock. I also thought I'd put a pumpkin in the run for them. My question is this - When you put these types of food out for your birds are they apt to get the runs from eating too much or will they eat a little and not overdo to where their stools get too loose and cause problems. I threw a beach in the run the other day and it was gone to the pitt in 20 seconds, with my 27 birds. It shocked me. Was pretty funny too. So if you put out a pumpkin will they work it down at their leisure or stay at it till it's gone and all have the squirts?? Ü

I can't say for sure whether they'll get the squirts, but they are likely to keep eating it until it's gone. Sounds like fun! I would definitely do it!

Well they sure loved it when I cut the top off this morning and let them have at it. I had to toss a handful of the innards in two directions to keep them from fighting over it. I just checked and the pumpkin is down by only about 1/3 and only one of 27 birds was eating on it. So the novelty has worn off and maybe they won't get the squirts! LOL

It was well worth the $3 to make them happy.

I don't think so...but the first time I gave my chickens pumpkin I thought their crops were going to burst. I had a flock of Dolly Partons (on one side, anyway).

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

Back
Top Bottom