Will my chicken hatch her eggs?

Roman dombrowski

Hatching
May 6, 2021
My chicken has been sitting on non fertile eggs for 2 weeks give or take. After a long struggle with the postal service I finally got my fertile eggs. Do you think it’s to late or is there a chance she stays on the eggs long enough to hatch them out?

My chicken has been sitting on non fertile eggs for 2 weeks give or take. After a long struggle with the postal service I finally got my fertile eggs. Do you think it’s to late or is there a chance she stays on the eggs long enough to hatch them out?
How old is she? Usually hens older than 1 years old know what they are doing enough

Has she been sitting nonstop for the first 2 weeks? What breed is she?

Quickly place the eggs under her though. Keep a watch on her and make sure she hasn't abandoned the nest. Do you have an incubator?

If a chicken lays eggs under a bush but doesnt come back to sit on them will they hatch if i bury them in a nesting box? We live in Puerto Rico so it doesnt get cold. I am not prepared to hatch with a heat lamp

If a chicken lays eggs under a bush but doesnt come back to sit on them will they hatch if i bury them in a nesting box? We live in Puerto Rico so it doesnt get cold. I am not prepared to hatch with a heat lamp
Not really sure how warm Puerto Rico is, but an incubator needs to be 37.7C (99.8F?) to hatch chicks... even at night.

Back
Top Bottom