Will My Chickens Lay Eggs Again?

Hi Sumi
I have 26 chooks & I was getting ONE egg a day for a month now the girls haven't layed an egg for 2 months. Im in the Northern Rivers of NSW Australia where it is in the past several years experiencing Irish weather, extraordinary rain. This year it has rained from end January and it still is raining. This put them off the lay then they spent 2 months moulting, but they have had a couple of sun filled days and still no eggs. Its the start of winter now and I guess its the cold that is the problem now.... I just feed them for months now and there is no eggs??? They are fed well, good coarse grain & laying pellets, bran, vegie scraps and meat tailings from the butcher on the occasion.

They are mixed ages 18months - 3/4/ & 5 years old. They have Valentino the rooster to look after them but they are not productive, bloody Aussie chooks with attitude.... wondering if you can provide an idea to get them started again?
Also I would like very much to see your list of why chooks go off the lay but it isn't there at your signature.?

welcome-byc.gif

Back
Top Bottom