will my duck lay eggs?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by nfrost, Apr 15, 2012.

1. nfrost

nfrost Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2011
    I have a scovy hen Bourne 11-12 months old she has slept in the coop every night the last 10 months idk why her and the drake started sleeping outside recently, but idk if she is building a nest or even Layin eggs, she has this weird. mow hawk of feathers on her belly but idk if she is making a nest cause she beep sleeping outside for a
    Month and in the morn the drake will come around 10-15 min before the Gen comes out from the brush by the pond how long will she lay before she goes broody ?

2. nfrost

May 1, 2011
    Anyone?

3. cskotek

cskotek Chillin' With My Peeps

Im not exactly shure, but she should be laying them soon... with what i noticed with the wild geese the fluffly feathers on their belly seems to only happen when shes on the nest with eggs... and the male being outside could mean she has eggs and she chased him out away from it. Maybe you should check the nest? or the area under her lol

4. nfrost

May 1, 2011
    Well I'm pretty sure i answered my question the next day, the male is still showing up everyday but the female isn't so I'm assuming she is setting on a clutch. Cause I know the general area they seep at night and I haven't found one feather so she is still alive, but I can't seem to find the clutch anyplace

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by