Will my goslings and ducklings harm my chicks?

Sil1yG0os3

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2023
Hello!

I have goslings (1 male French Toulouse, 2 Emden females) and ducklings (1 male buff Orpington, 1 female magpie, 2 silver appleyard, and 2 welsh harlequin females) coming *checks calendar* umm tomorrow. My chicks, all buff brahmas and Orpington's, all come a week from now. I couldn’t get the date any closer. Will the ducks and especially the geese pick on the chicks if I introduce them? I’d love to have a mixed harmonious flock, but will I have to separate them? I‘m scared that they will be out of the imprinting window.

If anyone has had a similar experience, I’d love to hear some advice. Thank you!

So I had to put my chicks 4 weeks same age as my goslings outside for a day while my shed was moved. Well for one we almost lost one in the pool because it thought oooh a drink. Then mostly they stayed separate. It was time for me to bring them in and as soon as I opened the playhouse door to catch them one escaped my hand and one of the goslings grabbed it up by its head. So nope mine can’t be together.

Back
Top Bottom