Will my ducklings and goslings harm my chicks?

Sil1yG0os3

In the Brooder
Jun 27, 2023
Hello!

I have goslings (1 male French Toulouse, 2 Emden females) and ducklings (1 male buff Orpington, 1 female magpie, 2 silver appleyard, and 2 welsh harlequin females) coming *checks calendar* umm tomorrow. My chicks, all buff brahmas and Orpington's, come a week from now. I couldn’t get the date any closer. Will the ducklings and especially the goslings pick on the chicks if I introduce them? I’d love to have a mixed harmonious flock, but will I have to separate them? I‘m scared that they will be out of the imprinting window.

If anyone has had a similar experience, I’d love to hear some advice. Thank you!

I don’t think it’s a good idea to brood waterfowl with chicks waterfowl get everything wet which isn’t good for chicks. When they are older introduce them through fencing for a while so they get use to each other. My ducks geese and chicken live together fine. But when I had a gander and goose they had their own house since during breeding season geese get ornery

I don’t think it’s a good idea to brood waterfowl with chicks waterfowl get everything wet which isn’t good for chicks. When they are older introduce them through fencing for a while so they get use to each other. My ducks geese and chicken live together fine. But when I had a gander and goose they had their own house since during breeding season geese get ornery
My muscovy ducklings are big investigators with their mouths, and they tend to nibble/pull on fuzz and wings when chicks get too close to them. I doubt it's out of malice, but I wouldn't risk it either for most reasons

That’s what I was thinking of doing, thank you for confirming ❤️

Back
Top Bottom