will my "late bloomer" ever bloom?

Not trying to get my hopes up but Ruby is sitting on a nest this morning. Oh, the look she gave me when I peeked in looking for eggs!

Not trying to get my hopes up but Ruby is sitting on a nest this morning. Oh, the look she gave me when I peeked in looking for eggs!
fl.gif

I think it's pretty obvious what you have to do here.

Change her name to Hagrid, and let her know you understand now, she's boy. You're going to be calling her Hagrid from here on out. Also explain to her that roosters don't get any treats. Tell her you're sorry you didn't realize sooner. Repeat the part about the treats.

She'll be so anxious to prove you wrong about being a boy, I bet you get an egg within an hour ;)

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to check back in to say that our Olive (EE) FINALLY started laying at the end of January- nearly 5 months after the rest of her cohort started laying... I guess you could say that our easter egger follows the beat of her own drumstick. Bwock! bwock!

Hi, everyone! Just wanted to check back in to say that our Olive (EE) FINALLY started laying at the end of January- nearly 5 months after the rest of her cohort started laying... I guess you could say that our easter egger follows the beat of her own drumstick. Bwock! bwock!

Haha! Perhaps you should 'blow' the egg and have the shell mounted on the wall in it's own little box!!
smile.png

O my Gosh! Ruby still isn't laying but will sit on a nest, usually when someone else is trying to use it. I'm about to stew her…..

I rescued my Sookie when she was about 16 weeks old....had her for over 8 months...decided the neighbor was correct ans she was a he....the very next day she laid her firest big dark brown egg.....I guess sheheard me telling my daughters. About my transgender chicken and had to prove me wrong....we get 6 extra large chocolate brown eggs from her now every week

Back
Top Bottom