Will my Pullets lay eggs this Fall?

Update: We got our first egg!!:wee
It was from one of our Easter Eggers, Cream puff! Its amazing how excited I am over one egg... now hopefully the rest will catch on! Thanks for all of the advice!

Attachments

• egg.jpg
    egg.jpg
    871.9 KB · Views: 8
  • Puff.jpg
    Puff.jpg
    932.3 KB · Views: 8
This is my first time with chickens and my pullets are 22 weeks old (2 Barred Rocks and 4 Easter Eggers) and none them have started laying yet. Their combs and wattles have grown and are bright red, they are destroying the nesting boxes daily and about 12 days ago a few of them started squatting when I would pet them. These are all sign of impending egg laying from what I have read, but alas, nothing. I have also read that since they are reaching maturity during fall that I may have to wait until spring to start getting eggs. We are located in Northern Nevada with highs in the 70's and nightly temps of upper 30's and low 40's and we still have 12 1/2 hours of daylight. So... any guesses if I will be seeing any eggs this fall or will I have to wait until spring??? Thanks!
I've gotten 3 eggs so far from a pullet around the same age, but the other 6 haven't started. 🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom