Will my rouen remember me??

shannong139

Chirping
5 Years
Aug 25, 2014
Portage, Indiana
Hi all,

I Haven't been on here in a long time. I had my rouen girl for 3 years l, she was a lone duck whom i had originally found abandoned at a local pond. She was maybe 1 to 2 months old at the time. We were best friends, she was inside and we even slept together in a room for one of the years. Just a little background. In mid 2017, after not being able to give her a proper ducky happy life, i had made a 3 hour drive (instead of just dropping her off at a local farm) to the Michigan Duck Rescue and Sanctuary so she could live with many duck friends. I am wanting to go visit her. Will she remember me? I am not positive that she was necessarily imprinted on me but i know we loved each other equally. Just seeing if anyone has had a similar experience. I did not just dump her there either, it was very emotional and i cried the entire 6 hour round trip. I do miss her but know this is what was better for her overall. Just writing this is bringing tears to my eyes. There are multiple other ducks there, being a large sanctuary, and am just wondering if she would come to me if i were to call her. The last time i checked with the person who runs the place he had said he thinks she went through a molt and is not sure he could pick her out.

Back
Top Bottom