will predators READILY cross an open space to kill? (PICS)

Setup a game camera along fence perimeter. I'll bet money the same critters you have yet to see do in fact visit quite regularly your fence. Appears your coops are quite tight so if the viisitors are unable to get a meal, then they will spend minimal time on property and you will have no kills as evidence of their presence.

Nice set up!. I do think animals will go in open space,but most are night time hunters. I have only seen one possum during the day going from a shed to woods,and a raccon family 4 years ago going from someones deck to the woods at dusk.My hawks are around from dawn to dusk! Dogs seems like a 24/7 threat to me these days!

I once had a stand-off with a mama fox, she was on one side of my pond and I was on the other, the duck was in the middle ;o) each of us were trying to coax the duck to our side, I did win and got the duck before she did but it was broad daylight, I couldnt shoot her knowing she had babies ....UGH!! I know I should have but I couldnt. The hawks come every day to see if I am brave enough to open up the coop and let out the chickens :eek:) We have two tractor coops we move around to keep a fresh supply of grass so I dont let them out. as for coyotes, I see them occasionally and hear them all the time but so far they havent tried for dinner yet
smile.png

Open space is not much of a deterrent. Heck, I've got a fox that comes right into the barnyard setting off the motion activated lights. He'll stand right there in the middle of the lighted area like it's nothing.

Back
Top Bottom