Will she be fine? (Unvaccinated Cat)

KikiDeAnime

Spooky
6 Years
Dec 29, 2017
Battle Ground, WA
I told my mom that I'd like to get Nyx the shots she never got. She's going to be 4 years old on April 9th. My mom is worried that it'll backfire a day or two after we bring her home since she has never gotten the required shots when she was supposed to as a kitten.

Is there a way to find out?
Will she be fine?

The shots can be given at any time. There is no requirement that the cat be a kitten. If money is the issue, you can get the vaccine at the feed store but then you have to learn how to give shots if you don't know how already. An advantage of taking the cat to the vet is that he can look her over and see if there are any other issues that need to be addressed. If she isn't spade that should be done.

The shots can be given at any time. There is no requirement that the cat be a kitten. If money is the issue, you can get the vaccine at the feed store but then you have to learn how to give shots if you don't know how already. An advantage of taking the cat to the vet is that he can look her over and see if there are any other issues that need to be addressed. If she isn't spade that should be done.
Money isn't a issue at all

Didn't get my cat to the vet for a spay, microchip, and vaccinations until she was 9 months old.

I think she will be fine, even if she's never gotten them before. Old feral cats get brought in all the time and the get vaccines they've never had before.

Does your mom mean vaccine reaction when she says "backfire"?

While all vaccines have a chance to cause an adverse reaction to your cat, the odds are very slim. To help ease your worry, take your cat to a Veterinarian to administer the vaccines.

Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom