my cat when broody and had 6 kittens

aurimilky

Songster
6 Years
Aug 17, 2016
this year my cat when broody. my mum thought that there was no way she would find a male. well she ended up having 5 black and white kittens and one gray kitten. my mum decided to keep two of them and to sell the other 4 kittens. i picked one and my mum picked another one to keep.

they are around 7 weeks old now. the kitten i picked likes me it keeps jumping on my lap purring and one my mum picked is doing the same thing it likes me too. yes normaly my family cats end up liking me a lot. yes they like everyone in my family too.

problem because one of the other kittens keeps on eating everything that mum cat keeps on bringing in. my mum now thinks that the kitten will make a good ratter so is now wanting that kitten instead for first kitten she picked.

i do think that the two kittens we both pick first off was right ones to keep. they are very friendly.

do kittens that keep eating everything that mum cat keep bringing in. do they even make good ratter?

i not quite sure that it is right to pick a kitten just on it eating habits.

i was not planing to pick two kittens as my mum planned to pick the other kitten. two kittens just end up liking me. one i first picked and one my mum first picked.

thanks for reading

Last edited:
Personally, I don't think what they eat has any effect on their future hunting abilities.
If mum is bringing live prey, that could help a little, but lot more of it is genetic.
Have you got plans to spay mum, and spay/castrate the kittens?
(I know from personal experience just how fast a cat population can explode!)

Personally, I don't think what they eat has any effect on their future hunting abilities.
If mum is bringing live prey, that could help a little, but lot more of it is genetic.
Have you got plans to spay mum, and spay/castrate the kittens?
(I know from personal experience just how fast a cat population can explode!)
yes my mum plans to get them all done

Back
Top Bottom