Fleas are eating my kitten alive..please help

Fangeddeer

Songster
Apr 23, 2023
My kitten is infested with fleas, she was under a dock half her baby hood. And now no matter how much I bathe her, her side gets bloody. The side of her neck is always full of blood or what looks like blood. And it think it’s bc the fleas stay there bc she’s missing her leg to scratch them off. What do I do?

I’ll possibly have to save up bc a vet said it’d be $60+ to even get her checked out (not including medication!)

Does anyone have advice?
(I will be liking ppls comments if I’ve read them)

Last edited:
If you don't treat your yard for fleas, your cat is going to constantly have fleas, but if you need to get them off the cat immediately use head and shoulder shampoo or cat flea shampoo.

If you don't treat your yard for fleas, your cat is going to constantly have fleas, but if you need to get them off the cat immediately use head and shoulder shampoo or cat flea shampoo.
I didn’t know they could hide in the yard, but that makes sense. Thank you

Lemon Joy also will kill fleas, have used it many times to bathe them in a pinch. She may actually have a flea allergy which will cause inflammation and skin problems even if they get bit just once. I had one that would just get horrible skin, sores, smelled awful. You may have to use a regular flea treatment or keep her indoors if that's the case. I had a kitten that I used Revolution on, it's a once a month drop you put on the neck, I think it can be used from 8 weeks old. It worked great. I think currently it cost around $20 a month, which is less than having a lot of vet visits. It does require a prescription.

Lemon Joy also will kill fleas, have used it many times to bathe them in a pinch. She may actually have a flea allergy which will cause inflammation and skin problems even if they get bit just once. I had one that would just get horrible skin, sores, smelled awful. You may have to use a regular flea treatment or keep her indoors if that's the case. I had a kitten that I used Revolution on, it's a once a month drop you put on the neck, I think it can be used from 8 weeks old. It worked great. I think currently it cost around $20 a month, which is less than having a lot of vet visits. It does require a prescription.
I’ll look into that, and I think she might be as well. She constantly “ cries “. Her eyes are almost always watering

I didn’t know they could hide in the yard, but that makes sense. Thank you
Yes, they can, especially in the dirt or if you have sand. I had a neighbor whose puppy got severely infested with fleas almost immediately from the dirt on their front yard. Because the dog was a puppy and the neighbor's older dogs wasn't getting as infested, the vet told them that fleas like younger animals more than older ones.

My kitten is infested with fleas, she was under a dock half her baby hood. And now no matter how much I bathe her, her side gets bloody. The side of her neck is always full of blood or what looks like blood. And it think it’s bc the fleas stay there bc she’s missing her leg to scratch them off. What do I do?

I’ll possibly have to save up bc a vet said it’d be $60+ to even get her checked out (not including medication!)

Does anyone have advice?
Use lime or lemon juice or vinegar, watch the eyes. And dawn dish soap. Lather it up, make it a very heavy lather itll sufficate them. Then youll have to pick them off

Back
Top Bottom