Please help!! Dog is chewing on herself to the point she’s bloody and loosing fur!

Benadryl is safe for dogs, here's dosage. However, you'll need to get rid of fleas 100%. We use serestro collar on our dogs.
1000003757.png

Give her a Benadryl she can take up to two Benadryl. It's not going to hurt her. Put it in a piece of cheese. Give her the cheese and she'll stop it and it won't make her extremely drowsy neither or going by its Burt's beads and it's anti-itch spray for dogs at Walmart. It's not that expensive or skin so soft from Avon and just give your dog a regular bath with it. Just put it in the water I have a black lab mix that has extreme allergies. He's allergic to fleece saliva grass. He's allergic to everything. He looks like a chupacabra after he is done scratched all his hair off and that's when he has his injections from the veterinarians on his terrible allergy seasons. And we just noticed that in between his shots and the seasons changing giving him a Benadryl one or two a day and sometimes he needs that spray as well with the Benadryl and that seems to give him some pretty good relief and the skin so soft helps his skin like with the dryness in the flakiness

It is Cytokines that cause itchy skin in dogs, not histamines, so anti-histamines like Benedryl will likely provide no relief other than sedation and might also cause panting and shaking. My dog developed severe itching as an allergic reaction to an antibiotic. Dogs can be sensitive to or develop allergies from the chemicals in flea collars, too, so I'd suggest you remove that immediately. See a vet to get appropriate treatment.

How is your furbaby doing, now? Were you able to resolve the issue for her?
Were you able to get her to a vet? I have an 80 pound Newfie mix who started out with fleas. We treated all the dogs & cats, the house, their linens, added skin supplements, the whole nine yards. The issue was under control but not gone when he went for his annual, last month. Turns out, after all the flea issues, he ended up with a bacterial skin infection. A short round of antibiotics and he's right as rain! That might not be your gal's problem, but it's worth asking your vet.

Back
Top Bottom