Cat - My Experience Treating Panleukopenia

To be clear, I am happy with the vet's antibiotic choice and I would much rather give an injection than a pill, especially to one that's vomiting.

The cat forum that I'm a member of has a bunch of Convenia haters, so I was curious and started looking for the side effects of it and found that article.

To be clear, I am happy with the vet's antibiotic choice and I would much rather give an injection than a pill, especially to one that's vomiting.

The cat forum that I'm a member of has a bunch of Convenia haters, so I was curious and started looking for the side effects of it and found that article.
I've tried the convenia injection in my dogs. It never seems to work past a week. It does have it's uses, and I would prefer it used in cats because they are hard to get pills down. For my dogs I always decline it and go with the oral antibiotics. My vet will often give quickly pendex shot initially to get them hopefully eating by the time I need to dose the oral stuff. Glad it worked well for your kitty.

I've tried the convenia injection in my dogs. It never seems to work past a week. It does have it's uses, and I would prefer it used in cats because they are hard to get pills down. For my dogs I always decline it and go with the oral antibiotics. My vet will often give quickly pendex shot initially to get them hopefully eating by the time I need to dose the oral stuff. Glad it worked well for your kitty.
What is pendex?

Back
Top Bottom