will she ever get over it?

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by KooKoe, Dec 5, 2010.

1. KooKoe

KooKoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 14, 2010
    My old OEG hen is picking on my new OEG hen Sadee. Sadee flew into my arms this moring when I opened the coop door and practically begged me to take her away from this cow....errrr, chicken. Trudie wont let her come down from the roost. it's been 4 days now? will she ever get over it???? I only have the two hens in the copp with one roo?

2. spartacus_63

spartacus_63 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 21, 2009
    Central Iowa
    I have two OEG Bantys Daisy & Maisy. Daisy is the dominant hen. I also have several other bantys. Daisy would chase all of the and peck at them if they got to close. She was very aggressive. Due to other circumstances, I segregated Daisy & Maisy in a cage without any other birds in the area. Daisy & Maisy became BFF. Although Daisy & Maisy now get along, Daisy has little to no tolerance for other banty hens. I have a white crested polish that she will charge from several feet away. The polish is twice Daisy's size, but doesn't see well.

I don't know if putting them together away from other hens would work or cause more problems, but it seems to have worked for those two. As a side note, it seems to me that in Daisy's case she is only over aggressive if the other hens are in proximity to her favorite Roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by