Will Soybeans Lower Testosterone in Roosters?

Not sure about birds but, in humans it doesn't lower testosterone. What it does is it fits into estrogen receptors and blocks animal estrogens from locking into the receptors thus protecting you from hormonal changes from eating animal protein. I'm a sports health major, I'd be interested to see what studies are available on birds and soy. Maybe someone else will chime in, I'm going to go look at google scholar.

So no major differences, even with a diet of 25% soy byproduct it was less than a half percent decrease in testosterone. Definitely not enough to alter behavior in a Cock with spring fever.

oldwayspt.org
Myths About Soy
Sat Fat
Eating soyfoods will not make males less masculine, lead to man-boobs, cause early puberty or decrease fertility. A literature review1 confirms that soyfoods do not have any feminizing effects on men or boys. In reality, a balanced diet that includes soyfoods can help support healthy growth and development for young boys, and soyfoods are a great option for men looking to maintain healthy weight and cholesterol levels
Soybeans contain natural, bioactive components called isoflavones, or phytoestrogens. While the chemical structure of an isoflavone is similar to that of estrogen, the two function differently in the body. A significant review of more than 30 soy studies disproved any link between soy and an effect on testosterone levels in men. 2 Consuming a well balanced diet that includes soyfoods does not increase estrogen levels in men or boys.
View at oldwayspt.org
[PDF] oldwayspt.org
Related articles
ajol.info
Influence of dietary soya bean pomace on serum testosterone, reproductive trait development, growth performance and carcass quality characteristics of broiler roosters
Olubisi Oluseun Oyeleye, Adesola Elizabeth Ogundele, Olamide Blessing Adesokan
Animal Research International 16 (3), 3484–3493-3484–3493, 2019
his study examines the effects of the use of agro by-product soya bean pomace to substitute some plant protein ingredients in the diet of male broilers on its serum testosterone, reproductive trait development, growth performance and carcass quality characteristics. 90 four weeks old male broilers were used in this study. Birds were allocated randomly into three treatment groups A (0% soya bean pomace, soya bean meal), B (15% soya bean pomace inclusion, 10% soya bean meal) and C (25% soya bean pomace, 0% soya bean meal). Each group was distributed into 3 replicates with 10 birds per replicate. All the birds were fed for a period of twelve weeks. At the end of 12 weeks of feeding trial, the reproductive performance parameters, serum testosterone, growth performance and carcass quality characteristic were determined. The analysis of serum testosterone level showed that diet C had positive influence on the serum testosterone level which was not significantly different from the other two treatments, there were slight significant differences (p< 0.05) in the reproductive performance parameters, their growth performance while carcass quality characteristics demonstrated no significant differences (p> 0.05). Economic returns of the diet C had the least cost per weight gain. Diet C would be most economical to feed to animals. The study concluded that inclusion of soya bean pomace in rooster diets helped in their reproductive performance, enhancement of serum testosterone, growth performance as well as their carcass quality characteristics.
View at ajol.info

So no major differences, even with a diet of 25% soy byproduct it was less than a half percent decrease in testosterone. Definitely not enough to alter behavior in a Cock with spring fever.

oldwayspt.org
Myths About Soy
Sat Fat
Eating soyfoods will not make males less masculine, lead to man-boobs, cause early puberty or decrease fertility. A literature review1 confirms that soyfoods do not have any feminizing effects on men or boys. In reality, a balanced diet that includes soyfoods can help support healthy growth and development for young boys, and soyfoods are a great option for men looking to maintain healthy weight and cholesterol levels
Soybeans contain natural, bioactive components called isoflavones, or phytoestrogens. While the chemical structure of an isoflavone is similar to that of estrogen, the two function differently in the body. A significant review of more than 30 soy studies disproved any link between soy and an effect on testosterone levels in men. 2 Consuming a well balanced diet that includes soyfoods does not increase estrogen levels in men or boys.
View at oldwayspt.org
[PDF] oldwayspt.org
Related articles
ajol.info
Influence of dietary soya bean pomace on serum testosterone, reproductive trait development, growth performance and carcass quality characteristics of broiler roosters
Olubisi Oluseun Oyeleye, Adesola Elizabeth Ogundele, Olamide Blessing Adesokan
Animal Research International 16 (3), 3484–3493-3484–3493, 2019
his study examines the effects of the use of agro by-product soya bean pomace to substitute some plant protein ingredients in the diet of male broilers on its serum testosterone, reproductive trait development, growth performance and carcass quality characteristics. 90 four weeks old male broilers were used in this study. Birds were allocated randomly into three treatment groups A (0% soya bean pomace, soya bean meal), B (15% soya bean pomace inclusion, 10% soya bean meal) and C (25% soya bean pomace, 0% soya bean meal). Each group was distributed into 3 replicates with 10 birds per replicate. All the birds were fed for a period of twelve weeks. At the end of 12 weeks of feeding trial, the reproductive performance parameters, serum testosterone, growth performance and carcass quality characteristic were determined. The analysis of serum testosterone level showed that diet C had positive influence on the serum testosterone level which was not significantly different from the other two treatments, there were slight significant differences (p< 0.05) in the reproductive performance parameters, their growth performance while carcass quality characteristics demonstrated no significant differences (p> 0.05). Economic returns of the diet C had the least cost per weight gain. Diet C would be most economical to feed to animals. The study concluded that inclusion of soya bean pomace in rooster diets helped in their reproductive performance, enhancement of serum testosterone, growth performance as well as their carcass quality characteristics.
View at ajol.info
thank you so much for researching this for me! i really appreciate it. i saw people on instagram saying it helped their parrots, so I figured i may as well see if it would help at all. i just hate that they try to flog us and jump at us right now!

thank you so much for researching this for me! i really appreciate it. i saw people on instagram saying it helped their parrots, so I figured i may as well see if it would help at all. i just hate that they try to flog us and jump at us right now!
No problem, I love to research new things! I wish it was a different answer though, because I'm going to have to dispatch an adorable bantam because he has gone nuts and I have a toddler that I won't risk getting injured and it seems cruel to keep him cooped up for so long.

What about flax seeds? I read they are 3x more estrogen like hormones than soybeans. Wonder if could help. My head boy abusive to other roosters. Want to make him much less aggrssive. Has already led to death of 2 others. My vet tried Lupron implants last year. No appreciable effect.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom