Will the eggs I’m hatching be ok!? 😭

chickenmama109

Free Ranging
6 Years
Mar 5, 2017
texas
Hey everyone! I have a broody hen who is sitting on four eggs on day four! I got a new coop ready for her because I didn’t want the chicks hatched in this one!! I just finished moving her, I picked her up first, then Candled the eggs just to see if there was developement yet! Which there was!! Everything looks right on track, but when I put them back under her they kept rolling off the bedding and out from under her chest a bit! She couldn’t push them under her since it was dark! But she did do that little wiggle to move them! I’m just hoping I didn’t move them around too much? Or put them wrong under her!!? 😭 can someone please give me some advice!! Will they be ok!?

Hey everyone! I have a broody hen who is sitting on four eggs on day four! I got a new coop ready for her because I didn’t want the chicks hatched in this one!! I just finished moving her, I picked her up first, then Candled the eggs just to see if there was developement yet! Which there was!! Everything looks right on track, but when I put them back under her they kept rolling off the bedding and out from under her chest a bit! She couldn’t push them under her since it was dark! But she did do that little wiggle to move them! I’m just hoping I didn’t move them around too much? Or put them wrong under her!!? 😭 can someone please give me some advice!! Will they be ok!?
They are fine...

They may hatch a little late though...but otherwise if they are still slightly under her its fine. The broody turns the eggs throughout the day as well, so moving the eggs shouldnt cause much trouble. Good luck on your hatch!

They may hatch a little late though...but otherwise if they are still slightly under her its fine. The broody turns the eggs throughout the day as well, so moving the eggs shouldnt cause much trouble. Good luck on your hatch!
Thank you!!! She was on the nest most of the day!! But I just went out there and she left them and went back!!!!! Idk if the eggs are ok!?

Back
Top Bottom