Will there be any survivor of 56 C (132.8 F)

mulia24

Songster
10 Years
Aug 9, 2009
Country of Power Failure
I've incubate my chicken egg (30 eggs) for exactly 1 week (set 19 july). Today, due to busy time, and my mother give me too many works
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
I forget to turn off 1 of my bulb, the result is my bator reach 56 C (132.8 F)
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
will there be any survivor?

the temp was too low since it's been raining from last night so I decided to turn on 1 backup bulb (usual is 1 main bulb) ... I think of waiting it for about 5 minutes and turn it off since it'll be enough to warm up the bator. but, my mom keep asking me to get to work and ask more and more. I forget the egg, about 2 hours later, I went to wash my hands and just remember to watch my bator, I shocked
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
grrr..... I'd like to use all that cursed word here but I think mods will get angry
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
I can't speak anymore when see the temp in my bator
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
there's evil in my mind..
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif
I shutdown all bulb, open bator and turn on fan to my bator. will there be any survivor of that extreme temp? I'd like to candle it this night (it's about 6 PM) but I won't be so sure to candle them anymore. evil in my mind every second now, how difficult it for me to keep the eggs for one week now and now there's this accident. there's no thermostat, it's expensive
barnie.gif
barnie.gif
, this is Indonesia, full of garbage and corrupter country with ever lasting power outage.
somad.gif
somad.gif
somad.gif

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm going to say the possibility of there being survivors is probably nil. The highest we've ever seen survivors has been less than 110 F.
hugs.gif
I would still candle, JUST IN CASE, but don't get your hopes up.

last night I candled it, I found out that some still moving inside (of course not my hand shaking on them) I see there are still some chance available, although I've tosses out about half dozen other..

Hope they're still alive and can make their way till 21st day.
big_smile.png

thank you everyone for your help and information.
smile.png

HOLY MY GOSH!! 132.8 F!?!?!?!?!
th.gif
I don't think ANY chick could survive that!! Your really lucky that you still see some moving. But be careful because the higher the temp the earlier the chicks will hatch. If it stayed 132.8 F to long than it may have effected the chicks, wich will bring problems when/if they hatch. Good luck with your eggs!!!
smile.png

-Becca

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom