Will there be any survivor of 56 C (132.8 F)

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by mulia24, Jul 26, 2010.

1. mulia24

mulia24 Songster

I've incubate my chicken egg (30 eggs) for exactly 1 week (set 19 july). Today, due to busy time, and my mother give me too many works [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I forget to turn off 1 of my bulb, the result is my bator reach 56 C (132.8 F) [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] will there be any survivor?

the temp was too low since it's been raining from last night so I decided to turn on 1 backup bulb (usual is 1 main bulb) ... I think of waiting it for about 5 minutes and turn it off since it'll be enough to warm up the bator. but, my mom keep asking me to get to work and ask more and more. I forget the egg, about 2 hours later, I went to wash my hands and just remember to watch my bator, I shocked [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] grrr..... I'd like to use all that cursed word here but I think mods will get angry [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I can't speak anymore when see the temp in my bator [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] there's evil in my mind.. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] I shutdown all bulb, open bator and turn on fan to my bator. will there be any survivor of that extreme temp? I'd like to candle it this night (it's about 6 PM) but I won't be so sure to candle them anymore. evil in my mind every second now, how difficult it for me to keep the eggs for one week now and now there's this accident. there's no thermostat, it's expensive [​IMG] [​IMG], this is Indonesia, full of garbage and corrupter country with ever lasting power outage. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Songster

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    i am new to hatching chicks, so i dont know for sure, but i think they might be cooked to death [​IMG] I am so sorry.. Be sure to wait for someone with more experience to answer.

3. Kedreeva

Kedreeva Longfeather Lane

Jun 10, 2010
    Michigan
    I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm going to say the possibility of there being survivors is probably nil. The highest we've ever seen survivors has been less than 110 F. [​IMG] I would still candle, JUST IN CASE, but don't get your hopes up.

4. secretquail

secretquail Songster

Apr 11, 2010
    Chapel Hill
    good luck...I had an incubator go to 104 for a few hours, and cooked every last one of em.

5. me and my marans

me and my marans In the Brooder

Dec 27, 2009
    Sorry! i dont think any will have survived! [​IMG]

6. Rozzie

Rozzie Songster

Jul 14, 2010
    x

Last edited: Sep 3, 2010
  7. mulia24

mulia24 Songster

last night I candled it, I found out that some still moving inside (of course not my hand shaking on them) I see there are still some chance available, although I've tosses out about half dozen other..

Hope they're still alive and can make their way till 21st day. [​IMG]

thank you everyone for your help and information. [​IMG]

8. BeccaB00

BeccaB00 Songster

Jun 16, 2010
    Kansas
    HOLY MY GOSH!! 132.8 F!?!?!?!?! [​IMG] I don't think ANY chick could survive that!! Your really lucky that you still see some moving. But be careful because the higher the temp the earlier the chicks will hatch. If it stayed 132.8 F to long than it may have effected the chicks, wich will bring problems when/if they hatch. Good luck with your eggs!!! [​IMG]

-Becca

Last edited: Jul 27, 2010
  9. TyrannosaurusChix

TyrannosaurusChix Songster

Jul 13, 2010
    Savannah, NY
    hopefully your thermometer is reading high.

10. my4ladies

my4ladies Songster

Jul 4, 2010
    is it a homemade incubator?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by