Will these deformities affect my turkey?

callieisspooky

Songster
7 Years
Jul 18, 2012
Carmel Valley, CA
One of my poults was born with a deformed wing and crooked toes. The vet said we could try wrapping the wing like as with angel wing but that the joint was enlarged and it may not work. Sure enough, it didn't work. So my little guy can't fly, but will his deformity affect him in any other way? His crooked toes don't seem to bother him. I'm wondering if these deformities are flukes and if it's still ok to breed him, assuming he can manage
with that wing.

One of my poults was born with a deformed wing and crooked toes. The vet said we could try wrapping the wing like as with angel wing but that the joint was enlarged and it may not work. Sure enough, it didn't work. So my little guy can't fly, but will his deformity affect him in any other way? His crooked toes don't seem to bother him. I'm wondering if these deformities are flukes and if it's still ok to breed him, assuming he can manage with that wing.
Do not allow him to breed any hen turkeys. If it were mine, I would turn him into dinner but I will not allow any non-standard turkeys into my breeding flock.

Back
Top Bottom