will these eggs hatch?

ellie01

Hatching
9 Years
Jan 9, 2011
victoria
Hi everyone, I have a young bantam that has sat on 8 eggs now for 21 days. She had 3 eggs hatch day 20 and I am unsure how long I should give her till I take the other eggs out from under her? I have been told that if they dont hatch by day 22 that they are no good but I dont want to get rid of them if there is a chance the baies are still alive. Any help will be appreciated:)

No Im new to all this... Ive just watched something on you tube..lol about how to do that. Is there anyway to know if they are viable now? I just dont want her to sit there on them to no avail. I did pick them up and listen to them and couldnt hear anything and when I put them back she ran back over to sit on them...perhaps she knows something??? Will they possible hatch after 22 days?
thanks

thanks for that, just went and checked them 3 of them were empty but 2 have chickens in them...not sure if they are alive or not. How long should I leave them under her before I have to think they are deceased?
thanks for all this help!!!

Go up to the top of this section, I think there is a post in the sticky section about checking to see if chicks are viable with water. Maybe that would help you?

thanks heaps....i will try this in the morning if no other babies. Gee learning to candel and floating eggs in one day...its a quick intro to baby chickens (lol) but gee they are so incredibly cute!! Im glad I found this forum though you guys have been heaps of help, so thanks so much!! I will let you know how I go
smile.png

just put eggs in water, they float slightly but no movement...on day 22 will this mean they have died?? thanks again

Back
Top Bottom