Will they come back?

luvchicks8

Songster
10 Years
Jul 1, 2009
new Hampshire
Probally a stupid question but I got a pair of muscovy ducks on Monday and planned on keeping them in there roundpen outside for the first week at least and my son 9 went to let them into the pen from coop and they got out loose? Will they return on there own like chickens? They are 6 weeks old.

I don't know about ducks but I'm sure they will. They know where home is. My chicken always came back so I'm sure your ducks will. Keep an eye out especially at sundown. You might also try to tease them with peas, blueberries or anything else that they like.

If you had them in the pen for a couple of weeks I would say most likely. Since you have only had them for a couple of days????? Odds are not good but be on the look out.

6wks old and only there for a few days..... I hope you can go out & "beat the brush" to find them. There is a good chance they don't know where "home" is yet. They won't be flying but they can walk pretty fast. They may be fairly close by hiding out but you will need to flush them out.

celebrate.gif
wee.gif

luvchicks8,

so glad they came back.

beth

Back
Top Bottom