Will they eventually hang out together??

hd_darcy

Songster
11 Years
Apr 28, 2010
Wisconsin
I now have three different "groups" of chickens, and I'm soo close to getting some more...(Ugh!) Anyway, my question is "will they eventually hang out together, or will they always be broke up in their little groups that they were raised with? Just wondering what to expect. Thanks!

There are so many factors involved that it is hard to say exactly what will happen in the future. How many total you have, how many roosters, age differences, how big an area do they have, do things happen that shake up the flock dynamics, do they have to spend a lot of time close together in the coop where they cannot get away from each other. Unless something happens to drive them together, maybe like a good rooster that will keep all his girls together, I think they will tend to go their separate ways. Even if they are all raised together, they will often split into separate groups, especially if you have multiple roosters.

I had the same problem at first. I started out with a RIR and a sex linked hen and I hatched out 18 baby chicks and when they were old enough to mix I put them in the same pen and for a while they got picked on. Now you can't separate them.

Back
Top Bottom