Will this cross make an olive egger?

GabCar

Songster
Sep 5, 2019
Western NY
I have a "Welsummer" that lays light green eggs (I suspect she is a welsummer X cream legbar) and a French Cooper Maran roo. I put some of her eggs in the incubator on Monday. Am I right in thinking that those babies would lay a darker green egg?

I have a "Welsummer" that lays light green eggs (I suspect she is a welsummer X cream legbar) and a French Cooper Maran roo. I put some of her eggs in the incubator on Monday. Am I right in thinking that those babies would lay a darker green egg?
Yup. :)
Definitely not a pure Welsummer though. A Welsummer x Legbar should actually make an OE on its own. If that is the cross, maybe the parents where both from light colored eggs.

Darker egg, maybe.... darker green, ehhh, probably not.
Mostly depends on if she passes down a blue shell gene.
Offspring may just lay brown.

Yup. :)
Definitely not a pure Welsummer though. A Welsummer x Legbar should actually make an OE on its own. If that is the cross, maybe the parents where both from light colored eggs.
I bought her at TSC as a "welsummer" expecting those beautiful dark speckled eggs and ended up with green eggs which I was really excited about...but then realized that she was def a cross.

Back
Top Bottom