will this EE *ever* lay?? argh!

technodoll

Songster
10 Years
Aug 25, 2009
Quebec, Canada
I have an 8-month old EE pullet (born Feb 15th, raised by me) who STILL hasn't laid her first egg and I've not seen her squat or mess around the nests yet...

barnie.gif

Am I impatient??

tongue.gif

No you are not impatient. We've got a BUff Orp hatched feb 14th not laying yet. Her sisters have all started 6 weeks ago. I keep hoping....someday. Her comb is not even very red yet and no squatting or anything.

I also have an EE that is not laying even though her sister has been laying for quite a while, now. Thanks for sharing! Maybe I will continue to wait for her. She is a beautiful bird. She was kind of larger than the other chicks. Maybe she is a throw back to a breed in her heritage that is slower maturing.

Not every hen is going to lay well or even lay at all. Unless she was an inbred show bird by eight months I'd have her scheduled for an appointment with Dr. Hatchet.

I've got an EE hen that is also eight months old that has laid exactly two eggs. Very pretty blue but only two eggs. Her time is fast running out.

I have a pair of sister EEs that will be 7 months in a few days. Just a bit ago they started squatting (like a week) and now one of them does it all the time for us... I'm hoping soon... They are so very sweet and beautiful! I am looking forward to pretty eggs. It seems EEs tend to have more late bloomers than other breeds. Hang in there. I have also been told that when they are coming of age this late in the year they may just wait until spring to lay...
sad.png
I hope that isn't the case. Come on Martha and Georgia, be good girls and give me your eggs! LOL

Back
Top Bottom