Will this make a good incubator ?

I love that cabinet!!!! I used the Incukit 225w and built my own trays for the Auto turners. I built mine out of a free Wine fridge from craigslist that was full of dirt and yuck. The Incukit works great and they have awesome customer support. I put silicone tubing from the top of it so I can fill the water resevoirs from the outside without opening the door. Good luck with it and let me know if I can help in any way.

I love that cabinet!!!! I used the Incukit 225w and built my own trays for the Auto turners. I built mine out of a free Wine fridge from craigslist that was full of dirt and yuck. The Incukit works great and they have awesome customer support. I put silicone tubing from the top of it so I can fill the water resevoirs from the outside without opening the door. Good luck with it and let me know if I can help in any way.

Thank You...That looks like a nice cabinet you have as well. I had seen were someone else had done the same thing with a wine cabinet that's what got me looking initially. I jumped on a site called Local Sales Network and did a search for cooler and this is what I found for 20 bucks, it was just pure dumb luck. I went to a yard sale the other day and found an aluminum tray 12x9 and 2 inches deep, welded corners and a half inch lip around it for 50 cents. I am gonna mount the water tray up top and the fan and heater unit on the back wall, I'm trying to save the space at the bottom for a hatching tray. Thanks for looking I'll post more pics as things progress.

Oh I see, rub it in...lol It looks great so far. I am doing some updates to mine and will post pics when done.
I just have to get some egg turners and the incukit got by on the cheap up to this point, might as well go for the incukit I think this cabinet deserves it. I didn't want to do the light bulb and water heater thermo on this one. Time to dig in the ole pocket...Keep me posted with changes you make !

So far I added drawer slides for the trays so I dont have to lift them up and out.(Hard to do when full of eggs, found out the hard way!) I also had for lockdown and hatching I finished all of the plexiglass barriers. You can see in the pic on the second shelf down. This keeps the chicks from comitting Hari Kari off the trays. I also put a screen over the water trays just in case. It worked great for the RIR's and i will let you know on the silkie eggs in there now.

So far I added drawer slides for the trays so I dont have to lift them up and out.(Hard to do when full of eggs, found out the hard way!) I also had for lockdown and hatching I finished all of the plexiglass barriers. You can see in the pic on the second shelf down. This keeps the chicks from comitting Hari Kari off the trays. I also put a screen over the water trays just in case. It worked great for the RIR's and i will let you know on the silkie eggs in there now.

I like the slides a lot that has to be better than the door stoppers...Lol I have a question I need to run a small fan every 4 to 6 hours for about 30 seconds to replenish the air in the cabinet. I know the mother birds get off the nest several times to eat and drink for as long as 45 minutes sometimes. I think it's real important to refresh the air in the cabinet and the incukit should have no trouble with getting the temp back up quickly. Do you have any suggestions as to what I could use for this application?

Last edited:
I like the slides a lot that has to be better than the door stoppers...Lol I have a question I need to run a small fan every 4 to 6 hours for about 30 seconds to replenish the air in the cabinet. I know the mother birds get off the nest several times to eat and drink for as long as 45 minutes sometimes. I think it's real important to refresh the air in the cabinet and the incukit should have no trouble with getting the temp back up quickly. Do you have any suggestions as to what I could use for this application?
I will try to get some pics but I have 2 (1/2" dia pvc pipes) on each side of the cabinet. 2 low on one side and 2 high on the other and if you look in the top pic above I have a 3/4" dia pvc pipe through the back of the cabinet. You can kinda see the other pvc pipe on the bottom pic on the right side. I have had no problems with this arrangement. And you are right the Incukit will have no trouble getting the temp back up. My Incukit took my cabinet from 70 to 100 in less than 15 minutes before I set my silkie eggs! Hope this info helps.

I will try to get some pics but I have 2 (1/2" dia pvc pipes) on each side of the cabinet. 2 low on one side and 2 high on the other and if you look in the top pic above I have a 3/4" dia pvc pipe through the back of the cabinet. You can kinda see the other pvc pipe on the bottom pic on the right side. I have had no problems with this arrangement. And you are right the Incukit will have no trouble getting the temp back up. My Incukit took my cabinet from 70 to 100 in less than 15 minutes before I set my silkie eggs! Hope this info helps.
Thanks I should be OK with just some vent holes maybe...I do tend to Mind Screw things a little I just want to get it right or as close to right the first time.

Back
Top Bottom