Will This Playhouse work?

hlroudeb

In the Brooder
11 Years
Oct 1, 2008
I'm going to Sam's Club today to buy this playhouse for my Chickens. I'm in Indiana and need something to keep them warm. Do you think this will work?

How can I adapt this to a chicken coop? What ideas do you have?

Can I put pation black down for the floor and put my wood shavngs down a few inches thick?

Do you have any idea for winterizing it?

It is made of Cedar... will this be okay? I know cedar shavings are not good..... but this wood should be fine right?

Heather - Indiana
16523_0075211365081_l4.jpg

Last edited:
I have the Lowes playhouses that are similiar.
I will be using a sheet of treated plywood for the flooring and put it on treated runners.

I think someone else on the forum has your playhouse and modified it. check out the various coops in the coop contest section...
It will be too cold sitting right on the ground for your chickens...A floor will make it safer from the predators also....good luck....

If the smell of the cedar is strong I probably would paint the inside. Can't see detailed photos around the house to tell how the rest is built. The holes in the door appear to be where I would have my roost if I had it. Maybe cover that and have ventilation elsewhere to prevent wind on them. It's very nice looking though.

Back
Top Bottom