WIND! well that happened

Well the roof instalation was not done properly (by my husband) to begin with. II've not seen the official sustained and wind gust total were But had to be 60-70 MPH gust to take it off the way it did. Metal straps and such will be purchased today.
At least you know how to fix it and none of the chickens were hurt. ❤️
I'm hoping to salvage as much polycarb as possible guz that stuff ain't cheap.
Ain't that the truth.

It had to be a twisting wind of some sort because half of it went east and half went north.

I do credit the HWC in keeping everything from tree limbs, flower pots, the run roof from hitting them. It's priceless.

I've spent the morning cleaning up the yard and returning the neighbors down spouts, roof turbines and grill covers. Crazy crazy wind.

I was in the same windstorm as KyCoop. My less than a year old coop stayed in one piece. Hallelujah! My free range hens spent last Friday in the late afternoon and early evening running from Point A to Point B, etc. They couldn’t find a location in the yard where they felt safe. It was a crazy Friday, for sure. The good news is they all survived and continue laying well. I love my hens and never grow tired of caring for them. 🥰

We got these things called hurricane straps and clips around here. You can't build without them.
How-To-Select-Proper-Hurricane-Ties-For-Your-Existing-Roof.jpeg
You can’t even build a shed without those around here. They definatly work though if done correctly

Back
Top Bottom