Windows 7 Anyone using it?

joebryant

Crowing
11 Years
Apr 28, 2008
SW of Greenwood, INDIANA
Two days ago, I bought Anne a new laptop to replace the one that I'm using now with XP operating system. The new one that I bought had the new Windows 7 operating system; in fact, every computer in the store had Windows 7. This morning I took it out of the box and started it up. It's so different from anything I've ever used, but what I hated about it was that it wanted to do everything for me... its way... something akin to Norton, which I hate. Anyway, I took the computer back and got a refund.

Is anyone on BYC using Windows 7?
If so, what's your opinion of it? Did I rush to judgment about it?

I've used it, because folks get it, hate it, mess up their computers then pay me to fix it
wink.png

Seems like to me when a new program is out there, people rush to buy it. I would wait awhile before buying it so the company can work the bugs out of it.

according to my geek DS and his buddies, windows 7 "doesn't play well with all your other software". DS got the student version at college, and spent many cussing hours after that, then finally had to buy the whole version and who knows what else happened. After a year, I think he actually likes it. I use xp professional and such myself, but then I've got old frankenstein computers that DS and his buddies keep fixing for us.

My new computer has crashed twice since may. I had to get new hardware for most of my devices and extra programs I need to use. Sometimes the search works wonderfully, other times it pulls up nothing and I can't figure out why. I don't care for the default settings and they are a pain to change.

Back
Top Bottom