Windows 7 Anyone using it?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by joebryant, Sep 8, 2010.

1. joebryant

joebryant Overrun With Chickens

Two days ago, I bought Anne a new laptop to replace the one that I'm using now with XP operating system. The new one that I bought had the new Windows 7 operating system; in fact, every computer in the store had Windows 7. This morning I took it out of the box and started it up. It's so different from anything I've ever used, but what I hated about it was that it wanted to do everything for me... its way... something akin to Norton, which I hate. Anyway, I took the computer back and got a refund.

Is anyone on BYC using Windows 7?
    If so, what's your opinion of it? Did I rush to judgment about it?

2. Boyd

Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

Mar 14, 2009
    MI
    I've used it, because folks get it, hate it, mess up their computers then pay me to fix it [​IMG]

3. 3rocksandme

3rocksandme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookline, NH
    I have had windows 7 since May and I still hate it. It's a work computer, so I don't have the option of changing but I would if I could.

4. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    Seems like to me when a new program is out there, people rush to buy it. I would wait awhile before buying it so the company can work the bugs out of it.

5. coloradochick

coloradochick Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 19, 2007
    Brighton, CO
    I'm using 7 but I'm no computer whiz. Just wondering what you all don't like about it?

C

6. EweSheep

EweSheep Flock Mistress

Jan 12, 2007
    Land of Lincoln
    I don't get why the companies need to change the program, it should be good for ten to twenty years before needing a format change.

7. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    according to my geek DS and his buddies, windows 7 "doesn't play well with all your other software". DS got the student version at college, and spent many cussing hours after that, then finally had to buy the whole version and who knows what else happened. After a year, I think he actually likes it. I use xp professional and such myself, but then I've got old frankenstein computers that DS and his buddies keep fixing for us.

8. 3rocksandme

3rocksandme Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2010
    Brookline, NH
    My new computer has crashed twice since may. I had to get new hardware for most of my devices and extra programs I need to use. Sometimes the search works wonderfully, other times it pulls up nothing and I can't figure out why. I don't care for the default settings and they are a pain to change.

9. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    I've had Windows 7 since Feb with no problems and I love it!!! If you like the operating systems on a MAC, then you'll like Win 7.

10. Highlander

Highlander Tartan Terror

Oct 1, 2008
    Prague
    I use 7 and like it just fine. Of course after Vista I think anything would be an improvement. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by