Windy Meadows Hatchery

Well, color me excited! I just took the plunge and ordered 50 chicks for mid June. 47 of them are spoken for and I might close taking orders to allow for an inexperienced farmer If they all survive my abuse then extra meat in the pantry will be ok with us.

Well, color me excited! I just took the plunge and ordered 50 chicks for mid June. 47 of them are spoken for and I might close taking orders to allow for an inexperienced farmer If they all survive my abuse then extra meat in the pantry will be ok with us.
Hopefully you're joking and you actually take good care of the meat birds. :)

Well, time to get the brooder ready!

I got a call from someone in TN, letting me know he got my shipping email, yesterday. I used the contact form to ask about it, but no PH # so don't know where exactly our chicks are going yet. They hatched yesterday so I expect them tomorrow (Fri 6/14)

I did ask how the hatchery was (he's a repeat customer with them) and he said the birds arrived in good condition, only lost one a week or so later. Will update when I have more.

Oh and I dbl checked and my correct email addy is in their system so maybe it was an e-gremlin that sent my email somewhere else?

Well, time to get the brooder ready!

I got a call from someone in TN, letting me know he got my shipping email, yesterday. I used the contact form to ask about it, but no PH # so don't know where exactly our chicks are going yet. They hatched yesterday so I expect them tomorrow (Fri 6/14)

I did ask how the hatchery was (he's a repeat customer with them) and he said the birds arrived in good condition, only lost one a week or so later. Will update when I have more.
Was there a shipping fee too? Or just the chick prices

Oh, I hope you report back on how these chickens do for you. Having tried many meat birds from different hatcheries I have found hardiness and rate of gain vary drastically between hatcheries. I hope these are great meaties for you!

Back
Top Bottom