Wine Cooler Incubator: I'm really nervous to make it!

Shoot. That's a lot of hacking to make those fit. Could work but a lot could go wrong.

You mentioned switching hand turning. More is better. There's a lot of research on this and it all says the more you turn the the better the hatch rate will me.

Have you heard of a semi-automatic turner? They're pretty basic and roll, not tilt, the eggs. I made one myself to fit my styrofoam incubator. I was able to roll 30+ eggs and only have the incubator open 2 seconds a most. I'm trying to find a good video for you that covers what I talking about.
Ok, stay with me here... could I wedge a large block under alternate sides multiple times a day? OMG. It definitely doesn't get more ghetto than that. :lau

Ok, stay with me here... could I wedge a large block under alternate sides multiple times a day? OMG. It definitely doesn't get more ghetto than that. :lau
Yes! I've seen many people do that successfully. Totally legit way of turning. Just alternative which side is propped at your "turn". In a still air it wouldn't work but any circulated air incubator it should be fine.

Wold the "wrong" turners work if you laid the wine cooler on its side or back and run the turners lengthwise? As in the direction of what were formerly up and down, top to bottom? That way, you'd have a glass top door if you laid it on its back, or a glass front door (I'd suggest putting it on low blocks so the door can open with the hinge on the bottom).

I hope you work something out!

Also, pics!

Wold the "wrong" turners work if you laid the wine cooler on its side or back and run the turners lengthwise? As in the direction of what were formerly up and down, top to bottom? That way, you'd have a glass top door if you laid it on its back, or a glass front door (I'd suggest putting it on low blocks so the door can open with the hinge on the bottom).

I hope you work something out!

Also, pics!

No, they were wrong size in both directions, no way to fit them in level. :(

I gave up and bought a GQF 1500. I was almost $500 deep in parts (returnable!) and still struggling so we hit eff-it level because this egg stockpile is becoming rapidly non-viable so I was losing money that way, too.

By the way... everything I read said you can fit 270 chicken eggs into these 1500s but I'm reading 60 eggs per tray max, and three trays... where the heck do the other 90 eggs go?!

Back
Top Bottom