"Wing Song" Bird Monitor- Anyone use one?

Tdub4chiks

Songster
9 Years
Jul 8, 2010
Constantia, NY
I have a bird monitor that I haven't used in a few years. I've always loved feeding wild birds and I loved to listen to them when there's 6 foot of snow outside.

I was thinking of putting this out with my girls so I could listen to them. The monitor usually goes off at dusk automatically, but was wondering if instead of putting this on "auto", should I put in on the "on" position to listen at night. Not use if this would work, but not sure how long the batteries would last.

Anyone else use one of these?

Last edited:
Wow, I just went & got new batteries and put the monitor out by the girls. It's working great. I can hear all the wild birds, the rain etc. The only problem is that my girls are so quiet. I took them out some pasta, lemon cake, crackers and they still aren't making any noise. I heard one little squabble and that was it. But, I can hear them peck at their dish of pasta.

Now I'm trying to get Sadie off the couch to go out and play. She sure gets things going outside..lol

I bought a baby monitor then returned it when I figured out the unit I needed to be battery operated was actually the transmitter, not the receiver (I don't have electricity in my coop).

But this bird monitor sounds like it would work.

I'm not sure of the distance it would reach, but my coop is probably 30-50 ft away from my house. I've had this for over 10 years so I'm sure I don't have the paperwork anywhere. I have it hanging on the side of the coop, with the receiver plugged in right here, next to me. I can hear all the wild birds, cars going by etc, but my girls - well I hear them pecking at things. No bock bock, nothing. I thought RIRs were suppose to be noisy..lol. They are 18 wks old.

I bought one of those for my dad years ago. He really liked it a lot. Not sure, but my mom might still use it. That's a good idea to put it in the coop.

Good idea for monitoring Predators. Chickens really aren't that noisy unless one catches a bug or grasshopper...or lays an egg. There's still hope for a song.
fl.gif

Back
Top Bottom