Winter Entertainment for Ducks?

My ducks love digging, so we fill a basket with chips! Pato and Destiny love running their beaks under the chips. We do it for the other ones, and Blu tosses them everywhere with her wings! We use Pine Chippings because I heard Cedar can cause trouble with breathing!

I am not sure how it started but cat food is our ducks favorite treat. I take a quart gatorade bottle with two dime sized holes cut halfway up, one on each side, when they roll it they get treats. I fill it with 2/3 feed pellets 1/3 cat food, toss it in their winter run and watch em go. After trial and error ive made the holes small enough so it lasts a few hours, im sure different treats would also work well.

I am not sure how it started but cat food is our ducks favorite treat. I take a quart gatorade bottle with two dime sized holes cut halfway up, one on each side, when they roll it they get treats. I fill it with 2/3 feed pellets 1/3 cat food, toss it in their winter run and watch em go. After trial and error ive made the holes small enough so it lasts a few hours, im sure different treats would also work well.
That’s a really great idea! I can’t wait to try it! My ducks will love it! I’ll put peas (their favorite treats) in it!

Back
Top Bottom