Winter storm Elliot

dianefbarfield

Chirping
Apr 15, 2022
Winter storm Elliot is coming to N.C. FRIDAY. The high is 14, low 3. What do I do? My coop is as warm as I can make it. I keep a heat bulb on all day when the chickens are out in the run, not at night when they are in. But 14 and 3 really scares me. What are you all doing?

Winter storm Elliot is coming to N.C. FRIDAY. The high is 14, low 3. What do I do? My coop is as warm as I can make it. I keep a heat bulb on all day when the chickens are out in the run, not at night when they are in. But 14 and 3 really scares me. What are you all doing?
I just gave mine straw!!Thats the only stuff mine will get.

Your birds will be fine!
Gonna get bad in ny aswell..i aint doing nothing special never have and never lost a bird as the cold dont kill birds illnesses do.
The cold has killed my friends but that's cause it got trapped outside all night it a cold storm

We have -21 here. Birds are still alive.
It’s like that here with -35 wind chill. I locked them in the coop with their food and water. I am a little nervous, new to chickens. But they seem fine. Tonight was the first time I seen them on the roost at dark. They are 12 weeks and they have been sleeping in a corner huddled together. I was surprised with the cold that they decided to finally sleep up on the roost when it hasn’t been this cold yet. I had them out in the coop at 2 weeks and weaned off heat at 6 weeks. Glad I did, didn’t know it was going to be a cold winter so soon.

Back
Top Bottom