winter water issues --help!!!

macchicken

In the Brooder
7 Years
Sep 11, 2012
hi everyone ;;; been real busy gettin ready for the deep stuff etc.. i was wondering if anyone had a cure for the problem i am having ..... went to longhorns and bought some of those orange pop in drippers ,and made a great five gallon waterer with a home made thermostatic heater to keep the water at 40 degrees give or take a little ..... but those darn drippers never stop dripping ,,, even with a full bucket the pressure wont seat the pin and a steady drip continues ,,,, did i buy cheap drippers ???? i did the math and a five gallon bucket should last almost a week but empties overnight leaking like this PLEASE HELP whats the best plan to keep water to the girls if this cannot be fixed somehow ---THANX IN ADVANCE
bow.gif

I was having similar issues with new ones I made this fall. If they are dripping from the pin itself you might need to take it apart - it unscrews and drop a small drop of vegetable oil in it and then tighten it and re-install it in the bucket. If it's leaking from the drilled hole in the bucket - use silicon caulk around the nipple and allow it to set for 24 hours or use J.B.Weld Water-weld putty and let set 1 hour.

Back
Top Bottom