Winterizing run

I just got a roll of construction grade plastic sheeting.... it was 6 or 8 mil....wrapped the edges around furring strips with staples then screwed to run walls...been holding up really good so far

Great to know! I bought 6 mil yesterday. Our wind as been insane lately so I’m really hoping it gets me through this winter at least. I plan to invest in something thicker/stronger next winter as the cost of lumber & material to build my run has me in shock

Lowes and home depot has 10ft x 25ft 6 mil plastic sheeting for about $30
I bought that at Home Depot but it doesn’t look clear like yours and it said clear on the package…
At least i have dome plexiglass to put on the front to see them :)

Attachments

• AC0ABF22-5576-46AA-96AE-4232E7DE69C7.jpeg
    AC0ABF22-5576-46AA-96AE-4232E7DE69C7.jpeg
    623.1 KB · Views: 8
I bought that at Home Depot but it doesn’t look clear like yours and it said clear on the package…
At least i have dome plexiglass to put on the front to see them :)
We have used both the 6 mil "clear" plastic. And the clear dollar store shower curtains. The 6 mil is pretty sturdy but is more like frosted glass for visibility. The shower curtains are very see through and delicate. We have used the shower curtains the last two years. They last the winter and give a more open look and feel. We will be putting them up in the next few weeks.

Attachments

• 20171217_144949 (1).jpg
    20171217_144949 (1).jpg
    560.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 20201114_144624 (2).jpg
    20201114_144624 (2).jpg
    901.8 KB · Views: 8
We have used both the 6 mil "clear" plastic. And the clear dollar store shower curtains. The 6 mil is pretty sturdy but is more like frosted glass for visibility. The shower curtains are very see through and delicate. We have used the shower curtains the last two years. They last the winter and give a more open look and feel. We will be putting them up in the next few weeks.
Oh cool, thanks! I still need something to cover the door, I could use the shower curtain. I wanted something very clear. Or should I leave it open for ventilation? I have alot of ventilation at the top and other areas too though... I have two big pieces of plexi glass on either side of the door, but nothing over the door right now.

Oh cool, thanks! I still need something to cover the door, I could use the shower curtain. I wanted something very clear. Or should I leave it open for ventilation? I have alot of ventilation at the top and other areas too though... I have two big pieces of plexi glass on either side of the door, but nothing over the door right now.
I just finished putting up the shower curtains today. Picked a warmish day for a change. The entire east facing wall will remain uncovered. Our goal is to keep the snow from not getting in the open windows and pop door. The covering also seems to take the winter sun and keep the run litter from freezing. That way they can scratch all winter.

We reuse the screws, washers and boards year to year. The shower curtains we replace. The cost this year was $6 + tax.

Attachments

• 1636661628270.png
    1636661628270.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 6

Back
Top Bottom