Wisconsin bird lady!

backwoodsbirds

Hatching
May 19, 2015
Wisconsin
Hey ya'll! I'm a 1st year bird lady! I have 10 baby silkies, 5 buff orpingtons, 4 sex links and one 7 month old jake turkey! I have 30 meat birds coming tomorrow, 5 turkeys next week and 5 Guinnees in June! I'm so excited to start my flock! I never thought I'd enjoy my birds this much! :)

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Great to have you aboard and welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided join our flock. You have a nice mix of birds. Sex Links are egg laying machines. I've raised them for years (along with dozens of other breeds and hybrids), and they have been my best layers, consistently churning out more than 300 eggs per hen per year. You should get loads of large, brown eggs from those four girls. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Are your Sex Links, Black Sex Links or Red Sex Links?

Welcome to BYC! Please make yourself at home and we are here to help.

Sounds like you have a lovely flock! Enjoy them! I have five chickens. Three of which are buff orpingtons. I love this breed! So affectionate, friendly and curious. Our learning center has tons of helpful info on raising chickens along with other poultry. I highly recommend that you check it out. https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Good luck with your flock and welcome to ours!

You may want to keep your male turkey away from your chickens. Then can and do try to breed chicken hens and end up killing them in the effort. Since he is an only turkey, that is a likely assumption. You have picked some great breeds and I'm sure you will be happy with them.

Back
Top Bottom