Wisconsin Raw Milk Public Hearings - March 10th & 16th - Please read

hencackle

Songster
13 Years
Mar 25, 2007
Telford, TN
Although I'm in Tennessee, my state had the chance to pass the bill that would legalize the sale of raw milk a few years ago. Unfortunately, that bill did not pass; however, the bill to legalize cow/goat shares did on 5/22/09. So, here I am trying to spread the word here so that perhaps the people in Wisconsin can be fortunate enough to buy raw milk. A victory for them will pave the way for other states where it is still illegal to sell raw milk for human consumption.

Raw milk is delicious!
Tennesseans for Raw Milk

Dear Friends,

Very important historical Raw Milk hearings in our "Dairy State," Wisconsin are posted below. If you are out-of-state, it is most important to attend the hearing on Tuesday, March 16. Please pass this on. Also--consider carpooling if you can. This is a landmark opportunity for the legalization of raw milk in Wisconsin that could turn the rest of the country around.

Blessings--Kathy Pirtle
Subject: Wisconsin Raw Milk Public Hearings Being Held - March 10th & 16th, 2010

Thousands of people from around the state of Wisconsin are needed to show up at two (2) public hearings in support of the Raw Milk Bill. These are history making events! PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD TO THOSE YOU KNOW IN WISCONSIN. THIS IS IT FOLKS – THE TIME TO BE HEARD!!!

It has been noted that for each person that appears in person, the committee looks upon each one as 10 votes.

If there is any chance at all of getting this bill to pass, these two committees must be convinced that YOU want it. Numbers speak! Requesting everyone to gather friends, family, neighbors, etc., to attend these hearings. This is about OUR RIGHT to choose, and support for this RIGHT alone is needed.

Wisconsin raw milk bill, as introduced in the Senate on December 21, 2009 (LRB-3242/3) as SB 434. Referred to Committee on Agriculture and Higher Education.

Public Hearing
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
10:00 A.M.
Chippewa Valley Technical College
Room 106/Auditorium
620 West Clairemont Ave
Eau Claire, WI 54701

Wisconsin raw milk bill, as introduced in the Assembly on December 18, 2009 (LRB-3961/1) as AB 628. Referred to Committee on Rural Economic Development.

Public Hearing
Tuesday, March 16, 2010
10:00 A.M.
Wisconsin State Capitol Building
Room 417 North
Madison, WI​

hencackle, THANK YOU for posting this!!! We get raw milk from a farmshare and just got this info yesterday. I emailed the farm about it and got this response back today:

As of this morning, the Madison hearing was canceled and combined as a joint session in Eau Claire on March 10th at 10AM. This change was just announced today.

This farm is chartering a bus to get people to the hearing, I really am gonna try hard to go. We love our raw milk and it is our choice to consume what we want. Thanks for your support, and way to go TN for legalizing farmshares!

You're welcome!
big_smile.png
I've got the dates circled on my calendar and I'll be praying for you folks.

Love your signature, amyable.
thumbsup.gif

I sure hope you get this. I believe it is much better for you. I was not lactose intolerent until I began drinking pasteurized milk. I wish there was a clean dairy around here i could get fresh milk with the cream. OHHHH that was the best stuff ever. Gloria Jean

Quote:
Gloria jean, thought I'd share this with you, in case you never heard it before, something I read. Raw milk contains a compound called lactase that enables us to digest the lactose, but when raw milk is pasteurized the lactase is rendered useless, thus creating lactose intolerance amongst us humans.

...JP

Back
Top Bottom