Wish I could adopt all the Roos

Quote:
RIGHT ON!!!!
celebrate.gif

What CQ said I totally agree!

Quote:
I'm in the same situation. My two roos are actually pretty cordial to one another, but one is getting a little rough with the ladies. He's young, so I'm hoping he'll figure it out. That said, he might just be the main attraction some weekend at camp in a kettle of soup.

I'm afraid his brother will be no better with him out of the way though. He'd always seemed pretty docile until Yesterday. I saw him get pretty uppity with the ladies as well.

My husband is way too attached to roosters as well... Ours got picked off by a neighboring dog (sacrificing himself for the flock). We got a new one from a neighbor. He started out fine, is good with the hens (actually a few of the more dominant ones won't allow him to mate). But he has started attacking me and my stepdaughter. DH pretends it is not really a problem. So now I carry a shovel if I know I need to turn my back while he is around.
I have told DH that I am clairvoyant and can see into the future.... and that Mr Bug Red has a cloud hanging over his head that looks strangely like a shovel..
RIP Mr Big Red
I have 30 chicks in the brood house and I am sure that there is a good successor in there.

I got 6 chicks that the seller at the chicken swap told me he had sexed & were all pullets. Guess he wasn't too good at it because I have 3 roosters out of the 6. I will keep Rufus, but Romeo & Rupert have to go. I have advertised them free on Craig's list & got 2 emails, but when I contacted each of these people it turned out they replied to all the free rooster ads & took the roo from the first person who get back to them. Today I also put a notice today on the bulletin board at Blue Seal.

I thought I'd take them to the chicken swap, but then if no one wanted them I'd worry that they had been exposed to other chicken's germs & would it be safe to put them back in the pen with the rest.

By the way I'm located in Amherst - Milford, NH area if anyone is interested in a nice Barred Rock Roo!

Herself
Mom of the world's best Westie!

We have one rooster that's 3 months, we were going to give him away to a farm that will take him but haven't had the heart since he's our favorite and he really doesn't crow that much now. We were hoping that his crowing won't become too early or obnoxious to bother our neighbors is that possible? So far his crowing is definately not as obnoxios as all our neighbors dogs and constant Lawn mowing and leaf blowing I hear through out the day.

Scott

Back
Top Bottom