Wish I'd had the camera with me......

eggchel

Crowing
Premium Feather Member
13 Years
Dec 26, 2006
Both Coasts
when my missing Polish pullet was found!

When we went out to lock up the birds, just after dusk, we found one of the Tolbunt Polish roosters across the goose yard, roosting on a fence. After sloshing through the mud to retrieve him my dd carried him back to his coop and counted the others before closing the door. One pullet was missing.
ep.gif

Out come the flashlights and dd and I split up to start the search. We looked over and under every cage, coop, shed, trailer, woodpile, and junk pile and checked every tree and fence top, even looking in the duck's night pen but she wasnt anywhere to be found.

At that point, we figured she might have been taken by a hawk and that all we could do was to wait and see if she showed up in the morning.

We turned to go back to the house when I hear my dd start laughing. I turn back around just as dd is pulling an empty feed sack off the top of a trap that we keep set for the local skunks, possums, and raccoons!

There she was, safe and sound, just sitting inside the trap. We had the trap baited with eggs so we think she might have gone inside to investigate the "nice new nestbox".
lau.gif

Ive got to remember to keep that camera in my pocket!

chel

She was just fine. Its one of those no kill Have-a-Heart traps and she was inside.

Back
Top Bottom