Witch rooster to breed ?

I agree tails are better, but that could be genetics or he could have just lost some feathers another way.
Also slower to develop is a possibility. I have a Maran x Faverolle cockerel who's tail feathers looked very small compared to his brothers and then one day a big beautiful huge feather showed up. After that his tail filled in with more big beautiful feathers and now his tail puts his brother to shame.

Also slower to develop is a possibility. I have a Maran x Faverolle cockerel who's tail feathers looked very small compared to his brothers and then one day a big beautiful huge feather showed up. After that his tail filled in with more big beautiful feathers and now his tail puts his brother to shame.
The bird in question is older though. He's not a young cockerel

I ended up deciding with the 2 Roos that came together. There was more siblings to pick from, I liked these best out of the rest. They are a lot bigger than I expected, size wise (witch I love). They are gentle giants! Their sisters eggs are a nice shade also. Maybe a (7) on the marans spectrum.

Both picture are different roosters. They do look very alike. 😄

Attachments

• 94AE05B7-6E7E-4CD5-A05D-936C27D3D5A8.jpeg
    94AE05B7-6E7E-4CD5-A05D-936C27D3D5A8.jpeg
    796.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 5A7E0023-F347-4D53-A259-F4B281E3CAC0.jpeg
    5A7E0023-F347-4D53-A259-F4B281E3CAC0.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 4
I ended up deciding with the 2 Roos that came together. There was more siblings to pick from, I liked these best out of the rest. They are a lot bigger than I expected, size wise (witch I love). They are gentle giants! Their sisters eggs are a nice shade also. Maybe a (7) on the marans spectrum.

Both picture are different roosters. They do look very alike. 😄
They’re gorgeous! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom