With muscovy legislation are you planning on not selling the breed?

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by FeatheredObsessions, Sep 24, 2010.

1. FeatheredObsessions

FeatheredObsessions Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I have been looking for silver and cream muscovy and find none.... are folks worried about the legislation passing and getting out of them or are these just hard to find?

2. Stellar

Stellar The Quail Lady

Feb 6, 2010
    Tampa Bay
    I think those are just rarer colors than the ones you would find....but also the muscovy legislation is changing things as well....................

3. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I have a self blue ripple drake an no one for him to love [​IMG] I have one bird that is young I'm hopeing is a female but I'm not familiar enough with muscovy to know yet.

4. keeperofthehearth

keeperofthehearth Chillin' With My Peeps

Silver and cream are not going to be very common so you will need to look harder. Once we all know what the final Reg. will require to keep and breed/sell Scovies, it will be easier to plan for next spring.

5. Bleenie

Bleenie Wyan-DO's

I have Silvers & Self-Blues and the Silvers are harder to get. I was completely suprised and excited to get a batch from my blue hen/blue drake this year, over half the babies are silvers! but they're still young & in the brooder.

What part of Oregon are you in? I might have an extra SB or Silver hen coming up soon, they're just finishing growing in their flight feathers so it's almost time to pick them out [​IMG]

6. FeatheredObsessions

May 24, 2010
    Oregon
    I'm in the Portland, OR area. If you happen to end up with a hen let me know [​IMG] I hope this Regulation thing goes easy on the domestic birdies !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by