1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login, otherwise join BYC here!

Wobbling chicken

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by KalikoFarms, Feb 17, 2012.

1. KalikoFarms

KalikoFarms Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 14, 2011
    I have a 22 wk old Buff Laced Brahma and she started yesterday to not be able to stand up. When my husband found her she was laying on her side and couldnt stand up. He brought her in and she is in her own little cage, we give her electrolites, and today I started her on tylon. There was no sigh of anything wrong and none of the other chickens are acting like this.
    She acted like she felt better today so we took her outside to see if she was better and she was for about 10 mins then she started wobbleing and acting dizzy. Please any help will be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Rita

2. scratch'n'peck

scratch'n'peck Overrun With Chickens

Oct 31, 2008
    West Michigan
    My Coop
    Poor chicken. Try doing a search on Marek's and wry neck to see if the symptoms sound like what you are seeing. Myabe someone else will come along with some other help.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by