Wobbly legs, lays down all the time

Stephietisme

In the Brooder
Apr 11, 2020
I have a pullet that seems fine in every way until she walks. Her legs seem off or something and she lays down allot. She eats, drinks and is very alert. Amy ideas? Ill try and attache a video.

Can you get some human super B complex vitamins and give her half daily crushed into some food or in a little water? If you can post a picture of her legs, or upload a short video of her walking to YouTube or Vimeo with a link posted here, that would be helpful.

I am not a vet or a leg expert, but do you think that she is walking on her hock on the right leg, or having more of a problem with that leg? I would definitely try the B complex, and look for any swelling under those leg feathers. It is always good to rule out bumblefoot, so look for any scab on her footpad. Do you have a rooster who might have hurt her while trying to mate her? She probably should not be jumping up on any roosts right now. Was she vaccinated for Mareks disease? That is just a question we usually ask with leg issues.

Right now she is staying in a coop by herself. Its like 3'x 2' (my brooder) so she can rest. I just let her out to see her friends since the sun was shining:) otherwise, the birds she typically with are the same age and the rooster in there isnt acting like a "rooster" quite yet. Ill check for sores on her feet! Ill get her on vitamin B complex also. At first i thought she was lethargic, but the more i watch her it seems to be her legs or hips. Its like she walks with heavy feet. Anyways, ill start the above as suggested! Thank you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom